My life & interests

Celisse_R

My life has always consisted of several things. From playing various amounts of sports, to exploring the outdoors - Even reading a new, interesting book. I've always been fascinated with the idea of "growing knowledge" for myself as well as others. However, science has always caught my greatest attention. When I was younger, I would always go to the library & pick up books about science - whether it be about life, biology or even outer space! Yes, I guess I'm a nerd at heart, but nerds are cool! My love for sports continues to this day as I play 1st doubles on the high school's girls varsity tennis team. Also, I am a youth sports instructor at the YMCA, teaching sports like basketball, tennis, soccer, etc. I hope that my love for gaining knowledge & staying active continuously grows, as I excel in life as well.

The reason I am taking physics is because of many reasons. One being I love science (point, blank, period.) Another being that I wish to major in Wildlife Biology in college, and physics is definitely something I'm going to have to get used to & enjoy. Lastly, colleges LOVE seeing 4 years of math & science. So it's beneficial in any & every way! Physics will help me to further expand my knowledge of science & how everything in life works! Making this class a definite must for me! :)

So happy to have you in physics this year Celisse, and I have to agree, nerds rule!  But as much as we joke about being nerdy in physics class, when you're honest about who you are and what you enjoy, it's not nerdy, it's genuine, rare, and absolutely inspiring.  Kudos for being honest, being yourself, and joining in our physics community this year.  Welcome!

:rock: