Posts tagged gravity
AP-C Independent Unit: Oscillations and Gravity
As AP-C students in a college course, you have the skills and ability to work and learn independently. Toward that end, starting today we will engage in our second independent work unit, tying up our Oscillations and Gravity units. Between now and ______________________, you are to:
- Read textbook sections 14.1-14.3, 11.1-11.4.
- Watch all APlusPhysics AP-C videos in the “Oscillations” and “Gravitation” sections.
- Watch Walter Lewin MIT OpenCourseWare Videos #11, 13, 14, 22 from course 8.01 Mechanics.
- Complete the attached SHM Equation Analysis Practice worksheet.
- Complete the Oscillations On An Incline Lab Activity.
- Complete the Oscillations WebAssign homework by midnight 12/17 and turn in all work.
- Complete the Gravitation WebAssign homework by midnight on 12/20 and turn in all work.
- Complete the four free response questions in your packet and achieve a score of 100% (answers available to check your work).
- Catch up on your APlusPhysics blog posts (target is one per week), comment on at least one other blog post per week, and rate at least three blog posts.
You may work alone or in groups, and the order and scheduling of your activities is completely up to you. At the beginning of class on ___________________, prior to taking the exam, you are to place your work for items #4 through #8, all stapled together with your name, into the INBOX.
I will be available for guidance if you get stuck, but will recommend you utilize the available resources (including each other) to help you independently first. These resources include, but are not limited to:
- Textbook sections 14.1-14.3, 11.1-11.4
- APlusPhysics AP-C Physics Videos (available from APlusPhysics.com or YouTube)
- Physics Podcasts / Videos: MIT’s OpenCourseWare Physics (Walter Lewin) available on iTunes, YouTube, and other online locations.
- Physics Videos: LearnAPPhysics.com
- Physics Forums HW Help: http://www.aplusphysics.com/forums
Ref: Tipler Ch. 21.1-21.7 (old) and 22.1-22.5 (new)
HW: WA-APC-1993 Mechanics due 1/15/12