Archive for August, 2009
My expectations for the year are simple yet far-reaching:
- Come prepared to class each and every day.
- Give me your best effort each and every day.
- Be respectful – to yourself, to your classmates, and to the instructor.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner.
The following classroom rules should also be observed:
- No cell phones are to be seen or heard during the entire school day. I will answer and/or confiscate any phone if it is operated or rings in my room. This includes text messaging, taking pictures, or using the phone as a calculator.
- No electronic entertainment devices are to be used during class time.
- No pants are to be worn below the waist line. A belt will be provided to you should you choose not to comply.
Materials needed for this class:
- Calculator (scientific)
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
Homework, labs, and tests are all important to success in this class, therefore, each of these components will be weighted equally. I reserve the right to adjust this grading policy as situations warrant throughout the year.
“Three things give the student the possibility of surpassing his teacher: ask a lot of questions, remember the answers, teach.” — Jan Amos Coménius
“Learning is something students do, NOT something done to students.” –Alfie Kohn