As we enter the final phases of our course, you may have noticed that you have been doing more and more independent work. One of our course goals has been to learn how to learn independently. Our culminating activity in this endeavor will involve you undertaking a complete unit independently. Of course, I am available to assist if you get stuck, but would like you to attack the unit on your own, with an understanding of what your learning goals are for this portion of the course.
Based on the goals provided, the following requirements and resources are available to you. You are expected to set your own pace and schedule/ration your workload accordingly, based on the understanding that all requirements must be met and turned in at the beginning of class on Friday, March 18, the day of the magnetism exam (a comprehensive exam on all of electricity and magnetism). Note that Period 9’s due date / exam date is Monday, 3/21). All items are to be turned in simultaneously, stapled in a packet or placed in a folder with your name on it, including the attached cover page.
Unit activities include:
Watch Video Mechanical Universe: Magnetic Fields (Episode 34) (~30 minutes)
- Video can be viewed in-class at student request.
- Complete Video Worksheet
Read Textbook Physics: Principles and Problems
- Chapter 24: Magnetic Fields
- Take Notes (turn in) and complete reading guide (turn in)
- Chapter 25: Electromagnetic Induction
- Read Chapter (no need to turn in notes)
- Answer question 16 on p. 684 using FSA format (turn in on separate sheet)
Read APlusPhysics Magnetism Page: http://bit.ly/fRFe5K
- Use built-in quizzes to study/review per your discretion: http://bit.ly/gExCto
Complete Lab: Seeing Magnetic Fields
Complete SimuLab: PHET Generator: http://bit.ly/fk0cWg
- Magnetic Fields Worksheet
- Electromagnetism Review Checklist
Review APlusPhysics E&M Unit Pages (under Regents Tutorials) to prepare for exam