Through the many trials of creating our catapult, my teammates and I were able to discover the physics that went along with it. we learned that a catapult is able to launch its projectile through either three different stored energy mechanisms; tension, gravity, or torsion. we inevitably used gravity because we thought that it would be the most effective. we used a plastic crate full of bricks as our source of energy to launch the softball. But even though all the bricks greatly outweighed the softball it only managed to go 10 meters. After further analyzing the problem we came to the conclusion that our launch angle was far too great, we wanted it to be around 45 degrees but it ended up being much higher than that. because of this the projectile went pretty high but not very far. if we were to do this project over again we would definitely make our launch angle smaller to maximize the distance of our projectile.