So static electricity. Around my house i've been getting shocked a lot lately which made me think, why is this happening? As well as me needing to do blog posts. Well the theory is that friction between two objects rubs the electrons off a surface leaving one object positively charged and the other negatively charged. This can happen when you rub your feet on the carpet and then touch something with a neutral charge like a door handle for instance or a cat!! But i thought this was interesting that the charge you gain and then the transfer of it is the shock you get which actually makes sense when you think of it.