Please note, these are simply my top ten from a limited-extensive research, so don't judge. Also they're not necessarily in order.
1) A particle "here" can effect one on the other side of the universe
2) All the matter that makes up the human race could fit in a sugar cube (think about how much empty space is in an atom and you'll be marginally less shocked)
3) If the sun were made out of bananas, it would be just as hot (High pressure what-nots)
4)The effect of relativity made an astronaut a fraction of a second younger when he returned to earth after 747 days in space
5) The first ten feet of the ocean hold as much heat as the Earth's entire atmosphere.
6) The highest temperature ever reached on earth was 4 trillion degrees Celsius. This was in quark-gluon plasma at Brookhaven RHIC
7) Sound travels at a speed of around 767 miles per hour
8) Water can work against gravity, moving up narrow tubes in a process called capillary action.
9) Light can bend matter
10) Other solar systems are so far away, some would see the Earth (due to the speed of light) as it was when dinosaurs roamed. By extension, we could theoretically look far enough in the universe to see the beginning of time
(these links either explain a fact posted further or list more interesting facts)