Introducing SmileyRunner10

Guest SmileyRunner10

Guest SmileyRunner10

I'm SmileyRunner10 and I run Cross Country at Irondequoit High School. I enjoy time with my family, friends and pug dog. I also enjoy drawing and reading and I plan to attend college. I am taking Regents Physics to continue science in high school and that was my next class. In this class, I hope to receive a regents credit and be able to look at the world around me and explain the physics behind it. i am anxious about grasping concepts and lab work. To be successful this year, I will do my homework, ask questions and be active in fixing my tests and skills.

Hello SmileyRunner10! What sorts of things do you like to read? I've been an avid reader my whole life, and but it's only been in the last couple years I thought that actually WRITING a book might be fun. Now, book #2 is in the works (another physics book), then I'd LOVE to try writing a novel -- I've been organizing/planning/outlining for months, but am nervous to start (well, not nervous to start, nervous that it might not be any good). But I think the fun part will be in the writing, whether anyone else ever reads it or not.

Physics projects and labs can be frustrating when we start, because I try very hard NOT to give too many directions, and allow you to figure it out. But figure it out you will, especially if you don't procrastinate. To give you a feel, check out the comments at the bottom of the page from last year's class with respect to our catapult project: http://www.aplusphysics.com/projects/catapult.html

Make it a great day!