Regents Physics Intro

AliciaDAnnunzio

My name is Alicia, and I really love music. I like listening to it but my passion is playing it. I play guitar, bass guitar, and ukulele. I practice my instruments in most of my free time, but I don't think I'm going to pursue becoming a professional musician as a career. I also love nature. I have a big backyard so I like to sit in the grass and watch the clouds roll by whenever I'm feeling stressed or need some silence. I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do when I'm older but I'm considering going into the social sciences.

I'm taking physics mostly because it was one of the opportunities I was offered for my schedule, but I'm also taking it because I like trying new things. So many people have told me they hated physics, and many others have told me they love it. Whenever I'm getting this kind of mixed message, I decide not to knock it before I try it. It seems like a very interesting and fun class. This year I hope to learn at least a little bit about the nature of the universe. Whenever I hear people discuss physics they talk about black holes, and stars, and gravity, and the earth; and I just wonder what it's all about. Although I have a rudimentary understanding of these things already, I would definitely like to go more in depth.

Having a big backyard sounds really nice and relaxing, I wish I had one!! I agree with you about physics and wanting to go more in depth with everything. The way we were introduced to it in class, mr. Fullerton makes it sound so interesting. I can't wait to learn more about the stars and shot bottle rockets.

Wow, lots of musicians here.  I play piano and guitar myself, though my guitars have been in the closet for about 4 years now... typically in the spring when we get into waves I bring my 12-string in and we play around with it a bit.  Any chance I might be able to talk you into playing something you really enjoy (assuming you're comfortable doing so?)