Please help me!!! Rotational, friction, angular, torque of a basket ball spin!

Sungy97

Question

hello! I am a high school student (grade 12) and i study physics but i could not solve one of the questions... i searched up on internet but could not find it.. the question is this, "a Basketball with diameter of 24.2 cm is dropped from 76cm from the ground with spin at 5 revolution/sec, the coefficient of friction is 0.5 and the time of the ball in contact wit the ground is 0.1 second. Calculate the angle and velocity it bounced off at and hence find the maximum height and the distance it traveled from the first bounce to second bounce." my teacher said its got to do with impulse, friction, torque,and angular moment... i kind of get the concept of it but i dont really know how to do the calculations... Please help me with this asap...also ive attached some information about this topic that i found on the net... i dont know if these documents would help..

I really need help with this... thank you.

(Brancazio 1981) Physics of Basketball.pdf

72e7e51dfb04563c281.pdf

72e7e51dfb04563c281.pdf

72e7e51dfb04563c281.pdf

72e7e51dfb04563c281.pdf

72e7e51dfb04563c281.pdf

72e7e51dfb04563c281.pdf

5 answers to this question

Thanks for the videos it was a great help but i still dont know where begin my calculation... Im very stuck... can u please show me how to solve this problem...coz its very difficult for me to put all these concepts together... thank you

Have you tried asking your teacher for help getting started?

i have, but teacher just told me to research those topics and link it together... so  i kinda made a way to get my model (angle and velocity it bounce off at), but i dont know if this is the right way... could u please check?