Book: Musings of a Retired Physics Teacher

windsong99

Greetings,

After teaching high school physics for thirty-five years, I retired with a glow of satisfaction and fulfillment. How I enjoyed teaching physics. In my teaching approach I had put an emphasis on doing physics demonstrations that were relevant, clear and right down fun. I found that my students got more mentally involved with the learning process when they could see some physics principle at work in a fun demonstration.

I decided to put to paper forty-eight of my most popular and fun demonstrations in a book entitled Musings of a Retired Physics Teacher. I truly believe physics teachers would benefit from reading it. It is available on Amazon. I have provided a link below.

I might add that I have had two articles published in The Physics Teacher, one on the demonstrations of musical beats using the ripple tank and one on the demonstrations of lines of force of an electric field. I also had an article published in The Science Teacher about using demonstrations to spark student interest. If you would check out this book and maybe pass the word on to other physics teachers, I would greatly be appreciative.

Jack L. Smith 

http://www.amazon.com/Musings-Retired-Physics-Teacher-Smith-ebook/dp/B00JHUNP6U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396780264&sr=8-1&keywords=musings+of+a+retired+physics+teacher