IHS Junior Girls:
You are invited to attend the
15th Annual “SWE Overnight”
hosted by the RIT Society of Women Engineers student section
Are YOU a High School Junior?
Are YOU ready to start exploring your future?
Are YOU ready to experience life as a college student?
Do YOU want to learn more about a career where you can
shape the future AND make a difference?
Then register for the SWE Overnight Event held at Rochester Institute of Technology!
SWE Overnight is a shadow program at Rochester Institute of Technology for female high school juniors. This program offers participants the opportunity to explore various engineering fields through hands-on workshops and interaction with current RIT engineering students as well as professors. A mentoring relationship can also be developed through our panel discussion and mentoring lunch, which helps facilitate the transition from high school to college. Our goal is to motivate and inspire young women to pursue a career in engineering.
When? Thursday, February 5th, 2015 1:00pm thru Friday, February 6th, 2015 4:00 pm
Who? Open to current female High School Juniors (Grade 11).
Where? Rochester Institute of Technology Campus in Rochester, NY
- Experience life as an RIT college student
- Explore various engineering fields
- Spend the night on campus
- Eat in the student dining facilities
- Interact with RIT students and professors
- Fun experiences with new friends!
Registration: Online: SWE OVERNIGHT REGISTRATION!
First come, first serve basis—limited to first 50 students.
Payment: $125 per student* Visa and MasterCard Payments Accepted
*Need based scholarships available—see Scholarship Information
Includes: SWE overnight T-shirt, meals, overnight accommodations, hands on engineering activities and mentoring by RIT engineering students.
For additional information or questions about the program, please feel free to contact us:
Jessica Jeffrey, SWE Outreach Chair, email@example.com or
Access Services (sign language interpreting or real-time captioning) available upon request.
We look forward to your participation!
Please find the attached application form for the 2015 Monroe Professional Engineers Society (MPES) Scholar Awards. We are a local chapter of the New York State Professional Engineers Society (NYSSPE) which is a state chapter of the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE). The society provides scholar awards to all high school seniors who will be attending college in the fall of 2015 with an ABET accredited engineering program. Scholar awards are available at each level of the society as follows:
LOCAL SCHOLAR AWARDS: Awarded by MPES. Students must live in the following New York State counties: Monroe, Orleans, Genesee, Livingston, Wayne, Seneca, and Ontario. The Scholar Award is based on academic achievement, participation in scholastic and out of school activities, work experience, and essay.
- Paul and Claire Raynor Scholarship: $2,500
- Vastola Scholarship: $2,000
- Bergmann Associates Scholarship: $2,500 (civil, environmental, mechanical, electrical engineering)
- Erdman Anthony and Associates Scholarship: $2,000 (civil, environmental, mechanical, electrical engineering)
- Alstom Signaling Inc. Scholarship: $2,000
- Optimation Technology Scholarship: $2,000 (mechanical, electrical, computer engineering)
- Robert Ross Scholarship: $2,500
- American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC): $2,000
- Edward J. Ries Memorial Scholarship, must attend Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) and study electrical or computer engineering. Awarded by RIT.
The following local scholar award application serves two functions:
1. Used by MPES to select recipients for minimum of 7 locally sponsored and distributed scholarships.
2. Used by the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) for selection of the Edward J. Ries Scholarship recipient. Student must attend RIT and study Electrical or Computer Engineering.
We encourage all seniors who are interested in engineering to review this scholar award form and apply if they meet the minimum requirements of 600/500 Math/Verbal SAT’s, 29/25 Math/English ACT’s, and 85 or 3.0 GPA. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY December 19, 2014.
All applicants will be evaluated and those worthy of further evaluation will be contacted in January. Those who do not qualify will also be advised.
****** REMEMBER: DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 19, 2014 ******