Please find the attached application form for the 2015 Monroe Professional Engineers Society (MPES) Scholar Awards. We are a local chapter of the New York State Professional Engineers Society (NYSSPE) which is a state chapter of the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE). The society provides scholar awards to all high school seniors who will be attending college in the fall of 2015 with an ABET accredited engineering program. Scholar awards are available at each level of the society as follows:
LOCAL SCHOLAR AWARDS: Awarded by MPES. Students must live in the following New York State counties: Monroe, Orleans, Genesee, Livingston, Wayne, Seneca, and Ontario. The Scholar Award is based on academic achievement, participation in scholastic and out of school activities, work experience, and essay.
- Paul and Claire Raynor Scholarship: $2,500
- Vastola Scholarship: $2,000
- Bergmann Associates Scholarship: $2,500 (civil, environmental, mechanical, electrical engineering)
- Erdman Anthony and Associates Scholarship: $2,000 (civil, environmental, mechanical, electrical engineering)
- Alstom Signaling Inc. Scholarship: $2,000
- Optimation Technology Scholarship: $2,000 (mechanical, electrical, computer engineering)
- Robert Ross Scholarship: $2,500
- American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC): $2,000
- Edward J. Ries Memorial Scholarship, must attend Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) and study electrical or computer engineering. Awarded by RIT.
The following local scholar award application serves two functions:
1. Used by MPES to select recipients for minimum of 7 locally sponsored and distributed scholarships.
2. Used by the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) for selection of the Edward J. Ries Scholarship recipient. Student must attend RIT and study Electrical or Computer Engineering.
We encourage all seniors who are interested in engineering to review this scholar award form and apply if they meet the minimum requirements of 600/500 Math/Verbal SAT’s, 29/25 Math/English ACT’s, and 85 or 3.0 GPA. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY December 19, 2014.
All applicants will be evaluated and those worthy of further evaluation will be contacted in January. Those who do not qualify will also be advised.
****** REMEMBER: DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 19, 2014 ******